Sunday, October 19, 2008

Apple pie


This weekend I attempted quite a project. My mom
asked me to bottle apple pie filling for her so she
would have it when she gets home. I picked
hundreds of apples from our backyard, made apple
pie filling, and bottled them. My mom talked me through
every step over the phone.

After the filling was made, I decided to make
an apple pie to see how it turned out. Those of
you who have made pies, know the crust can get
pretty tricky but i was pretty proud of how mine
was turning out.

As you can see I have taken a picture of every
step.

here is my pie ready to go into the oven....

Here is the finished project. It looks just like my
moms do. I was pretty excited. I took it to our
big family dinner and told everyone they better
try it or else.... it turned out pretty good.

6 comments:

Avree said...

Matt ate all the pie you left us last night after you and Jeremy went home, he loved it! You'll have to teach me your secrets sometime when I'm down. It was fun to see you guys, thanks for stopping by!

The Ericksons said...

B that is so awesome and such an undertaking! good job!

Carsen and Lesina said...

Bevin i didn't know that you were such a homemaker. Great Job Martha Stewart.

Parker or Jessica said...

Yeah! Im really impressed. I have made one pie in my lifetime and it didn't look nearly that good.

Frei Family said...

Look at you... Betty Crocker!! It looks yummy!!

Brock and Kensey said...

Good work Bevin! I'm pretty impressed!!